Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cand goes to USA - Disneyland (LA): Part 2 (Day 4-5)

It is finally time for the long-awaited Disneyland post!!! As mentioned in the previous post, we decided to visit Disneyland during its ultra peak seasons - Christmas as well as Diamond (60th) anniversary! The decorations throughout the park was freaking amazing... I loved it so much! You just soak in the atmosphere and it was truly magical.



"Enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy." OK DISNEY, LET'S GO. 






We tried so hard, and for so long to get the perfect picture before the castle with as little people behind us as possible. It was really impossible. We stood there for way too long - longer than I'd like to admit actually. Anyhow, I looked super short next to my 170cm friend in her slightly heeled boots.

Great job Cand! And thanks for letting me borrow your Mickey ears, Mich!!! 




Since the standing portraits of us in front of the castle was not really up to expectations, selfies will have to do! Wearing my, then, new sunglasses! (In present day, they are broken!!!! I really liked them... Sigh!)




Somewhere in Toon Town!






The famous "It's a small world" ride. I got the song stuck in my head just walking past this place. Why? I was reliving the last time I came here and the song just popped into my head. So we didn't take the ride until later that night, but for the whole day the song was my freaking jam. Probably wasn't feeling that positive about the song when we were walking around and all I could sing was "It's a small world after all" X9345834693.

After taking a couple of rides here and there, we got to catch the parade!






Disney princesses!!!




Goofy! 



Pooh and Tigger! 



And Eeyore looking depressed as hell because he has to pull his sleigh... It does match his character though! LOL



Quite sure Elsa and Anna were the stars of the show! Everyone loves Frozen!!! Including me hehe!


Just some cute ole round snowmen.



Okay, I was wrong... SANTA WAS THE STAR OF THE SHOW!!! DUH!!!!!!!!



Alice in Wonderland Teacup ride! I loved the colours!



In one of the tea cups!



Tiki drink outside the Tiki room. Sorry, I have no idea what the drink is called. I just made up Tiki Drink. LOL!



I think it was cold, so there were not many people at the splash mountain ride... So it was just the two of us on this log LOL! Wearing our winter jackets! LOLOL!



Waiting for our turn at Blue Bayou. Mich made a reservation at the famous Blue Bayou restaurant. It was a restaurant that was located right next to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. So we could basically see the ride while eating dinner. LOL!








I went all out and had this - the surf and turf! (Steak and a lobster tail) It was pretty good!!!



Mich had this - and I can't remember what it was... I do remember it was pretty good but not good for Michelle because it was spicy. And Mich cannot eat spicy. AHHAHAHA!



Teacup ride at night! Still very pretty!

The following pictures are from the It's a small world ride. 





Outside the ride!



Seriously though, the lights display in Disneyland was no joke! Everywhere you turned to look was just lovely!




Fireworks display. LOL I caught a very lame picture of it. But I promise it was very nice.




Our last ride of the night was Space Mountain. It was fun, but we did wish we took the other Star Wars ride, and maybe the Buzz light year ride before we took this one! The ride was probably only 2 minutes or less, but we waited for about 30-40 minutes to get in... By the time we got out it was almost midnight! 




Us happy girls saying good night to Disneyland! 



After shopping at Downtown Disney, we went to the Cheesecake Factory! P.s. Mich got lots of pretty stuff!!!! I wish I had pictures of them (Christmas deco, etc)! LOL!

And that concluded our long day in Disneyland! Although I did wish we did wake up a little earlier to go in earlier! I think we were pretty exhausted so we didn't get up as early as planned. OOPS. Nevertheless, we spent a good amount of time in Disneyland, so all was good. I had a fabulous time!

The next day, we had to leave Anaheim and catch our flight back to Canada. It was a sad day. AHAHAHAH! 



Not leaving before we got Bubba Gump tho!!! Seriously love this place!


And that was it! I had a really great time with Michelle. Didn't think this trip would actually happen because it took a while before we booked anything. Even after we did all the bookings and stuff, I had exams to focus on, and Michelle did all the planning. I have to thank her for all that!!!!! THANKS MICH, I LOVE YOU (I think you know that already hehe!). Now I've moved back to Singapore for good, and it just feels so weird... Ok, this is starting to become weird. LOL!

Anyway, I'm gonna be posting about some of our food outings next! I'm no food blogger so please lower your expectations - if you have any. LOL! Ok, BRB!!!!!

XX, Cand

No comments:

Post a Comment